- This event has passed.
Invasive Plant Workshop (Open Doors)
November 14, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Non-native invasive plants are quickly overwhelming many properties by tearing down the forest canopy and overtaking our native plants at the tree, shrub and/or ground-cover levels. Understanding what invasive plants exist on the landscape and what it will take to control them can often feel overwhelming.
Our seasonal workshops will enable you to learn how to confidently identify and manage invasive plants in the spring.
Topics covered in this session include:
– Identifying invasive plants
– Which invasives you can best kill now
– Which invasives you should treat later
– Best seasonal practices for each invasive
– Using manual & mechanical control methods
– Methods for controlling invasives with herbicides
– Choosing the right herbicide and equipment, and using it properly
– Planning a work schedule with best timings for multiple plants
There will also be an opportunity to identify plants, so bring samples of your mystery plants and we’ll identify them!