Seasonal Invasive Plant Workshops
Invasive plants are quickly overwhelming many properties by tearing down the forest canopy and overtaking native trees, shrubs, and ground cover. Understanding what invasive plants exist on the landscape and what it will take to control them can often feel overwhelming. Blue Ridge PRISM’s invasive plant workshops will enable you to learn how to confidently identify and manage invasive plants.
Our workshops are seasonally focused and content differs between workshops offered in the spring, summer, and fall.
Topics covered in our workshops include:
- Identifying invasive plants
- Which invasive plants you can best control now
- Which invasive plants you should treat later
- Best seasonal practices for each invasive
- Using manual & mechanical control methods
- Methods for controlling invasive plants with herbicides
- Choosing the right herbicide and equipment, and using them properly
- Planning a work schedule with best timings for multiple plants
Our workshops are being conducted virtually via Zoom and contain the same content as in-person workshops except that the outdoor elements will be conducted when it is safe to do so.
Summer Invasive Plant Workshops
Wednesday, May 26th (1:00 – 4:00pm) – Registration Closed
Saturday, June 12 (1:00 – 4:00 pm) – Registration Closed
Thursday, June 24 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) – REGISTER
Blue Ridge PRISM Quarterly Meetings are free and open to everyone. Each meeting offers a short update on PRISM activities followed by guest speaker(s) or panel discussion on an invasive plant topic.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021 – Managing Invasive Grasses –REGISTER
Wednesday October 20, 2021 – Stay tuned for details!