Blue Ridge PRISM is a volunteer-based organization. There are many opportunities to volunteer including:
- tabling at events like fairs, schools, garden clubs, festivals, etc (currently on hold due to COVID)
- drafting plant fact sheets
- taking photos and video of invasive plants to be used on Facebook, our website, newsletters, etc.
- drafting promotions & outreach material
- researching special topics
- assisting with proposal and grant administration
- providing education – seminars, workshops, and information sessions
- helping to network in the environment community
- tracking and communication of invasive plant research in the university and research community
There is also a great program run by the Shenandoah National Park. The Habitat Defenders are volunteers who support revegetation efforts and remove invasive plants.
We record volunteer hours in an easy-to-use web platform called Track it Forward. Volunteers, thank you for your dedicated efforts! Record hours at Track it Forward Volunteer Management
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please contact us.