Our mission is to lessen the negative impact of invasive species on both private and public land within 10 counties located in Virginia’s northern Blue Ridge region. Blue Ridge Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management or PRISM is Virginia’s first Cooperative Weed Management Area (CWMA) and a registered 501(c)(3) public charity.
You are meeting the challenge!
$3,000 left to go to unlock the VEE Challenge Grant.
Invasive plants are quickly overwhelming many properties by tearing down the forest canopy and overtaking our native plants at the tree, shrub and/or groundcover levels. Understanding what invasive plants exist on the landscape and what it will take to control them can often feel overwhelming.
Our workshops will enable you to learn how to confidently identify and manage invasive plants. Invasive plant workshops are seasonally focused and content differs between workshops offered in Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Topics covered in this session include:
- Identifying invasive plants
- Which invasive plants you can best kill now
- Which invasive plants you should treat later
- Best seasonal practices for each invasive
- Using manual & mechanical control methods
- Methods for controlling invasive plants with herbicides
- Choosing the right herbicide and equipment, and using it properly
- Planning a work schedule with best timings for multiple plants
Our workshops are being conducted virtually and contain the same content as in-person workshops except that the outdoor elements will be conducted when it is safe to do so.
Summer Invasive Plants Workshops
Wednesday, May 26th (1:00 – 4:00 pm) – Registration Closed
Saturday, June 12th (1:00 – 4:00 pm) – Registration Closed
Thursday, June 24th (9:00 am -12:00 pm) – REGISTER
July 21 – Managing Invasive Grasses – REGISTER