The heart of Blue Ridge PRISM is our volunteers. There are many opportunities to volunteer including:
- tabling at events like fairs, schools, garden clubs, festivals, etc
- drafting invasive plant fact sheets
- taking photos and video of invasive plants to be used on Facebook, our website, newsletters, etc.
- drafting outreach material
- researching special topics
- assisting with grant proposals
- providing invasive management education – seminars, workshops, and information sessions
- help us network in the environmental community
- tracking and communication of invasive plant research in the university and research community
- join PRISM’s volunteer Leadership Team
- show up for volunteer workdays!
- translating fact sheets and PRISM materials to Spanish
- assist with administrative tasks (limited)
- serve as a volunteer coordinator/liaison
If you are interested in becoming a Blue Ridge PRISM volunteer, please sign up using the form below. We will contact you with volunteer opportunities as they are available.
Upcoming Volunteer Workdays
Learn how to safely control invasive plants and spend time practicing those skills while doing some good. Registration is required. Check PRISM’s Events Calendar for upcoming volunteer workdays around our service area.
Volunteer at Shenandoah National Park!
The Habitat Defenders are volunteers who support revegetation efforts and remove invasive plants at Shenandoah National Park.